Sunday, May 10, 2009

One of the many reasons I love being a mother

is because of the sweet and funny things I overhear.

Right now, my husband and son are in the bathroom adjacent to our office. Quinn is taking his bath. Zac says "Quack, quack, quack!" Then Quinn says very merrily, "AAH! AAH! AAH!". This happens again and again.  Quinn only started imitating sounds in this way very recently. 

Quinn got a fever today (which he's since recovered from), and I still have a yucky cough from last week. Yesterday, my friend's child, who is just a few months older than Quinn, answered the phone when I called my friend's house. I was shocked that a child that age could answer a phone. I had assumed (really) that some other child was visiting her house for the day.

I am so grateful for the Quack Quack Quack moments that remind me to enjoy this time.

2 comments:

fragilemom said...

I love those moments as well!

Anonymous said...

omg...Rachel was a quacker too!! Seriously...there were times she would argue that she was NOT a little girl but was indeed a duck...lol. Fun times :)