Sunday, November 30, 2008

Three Nights of Sleep!

We have just enjoyed three miraculous nights of sleep. On Thursday night, Quinn's grandma babysat and we went to a hotel after Thanksgiving dinner, literally just to sleep. On Friday night, Quinn gave us a post-Thanksgiving gift and slept through the night for the first time in many, many months. Last night, we took a mini-vacation to Napa while Quinn's grandpa babysat. (If you live locally, we can highly recommend the places where we stayed and dined.)

I feel like a different person now that I've finally had some rest. I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so good. On sleep, life's challenges seem a lot less daunting. Exhaustion had made me forget myself. I really hope Quinn's ear tube surgery on Wednesday brings us all some much needed relief from our usually scheduled program of exhaustion.

We are so grateful to Quinn's grandparents for giving us this break!

6 comments:

theotherlion said...

I'm so excited for you! Sleep does make a huge difference. Grandparents are the best for that. =)

Zachary Drake said...

Truly amazing. Yes, thanks grandparents for helping us have a few nights of luxury. Such a treat!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing treat. I don't know how i survived the early years with minimal rest. I'm stoked for you guys :)

Vicki Davis said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time! I am so happy you got some rest, the place you stayed in Napa looks amazing, We might have to head up there in the srping next time the grandparents come to visit!

Bjetsey said...

that's wonderful, I'm so relieved you guys found a way to get some sleep. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Quinn tomorrow. xxoo.

Jen said...

Hooray for sleep!