Friday, January 2, 2009

A very long two hours

I picked Quinn up at 4 pm at school today. It's now 6 pm and he is already in bed. He was a tantrum-y mess, crying, pulling my hair, throwing his red little face back in anguish over the slightest frustration.

The very sweet little girl next door who Quinn adores was at our house during most of this display, and while Quinn cried, she barraged me with questions and requests: "Can I have some water?" "Can you put my Mama Mia cd on the cd player?" "Will you play tic tac toe with me with Quinn's bath crayons?" "Can I put my feet in Quinn's bath?"

Then she made a comment so hilarious, I'm laughing as I remember it, now that she has gone home and Quinn is in bed:

"Your eyes have kinda dark circles underneath."

Um, yeah...

7 comments:

Jen said...

Cute...kids tell it like it is.

Sianessa said...

You poor girl. Sounds like a really tough afternoon! I wish I were there to give you a big hug and make you some hot chocolate!

ST said...

Oh, that would be lovely, Sianessa! I can't wait to have you back in the Bay Area!!

Umma said...

Oh, boy! One of *those* days. I hope you are all doing better now!

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

Anonymous said...

Ha! I can beat that, though...A friend's daughter once asked me if I had babies in my boobies 'cause they're so big. Sigh. Kids.

ST said...

goodmum - oh, my!