Friday, April 10, 2009

Bad sleep is back again

Quinn is once again having whimpering wake-ups for no discernible
reason. This pushes my helpless rage buttons more than just about
anything else. Once I've figured out that he's got his pacifier, hasn't
pooped, and hasn't wedged his limbs into the crib, there's really
nothing to do but wait him out. He usually goes back to sleep in 30-60
minutes. But the disruption is often enough so that I don't feel quite
right the next day, even if the total number of hours of sleep I get is
adequate. The urge to scream SHUT UP! at the top of my lungs (and I have
a loud voice that's been trained for theater) is sometimes hard to
resist, but I always manage.

Things seem quiet now. I'll see if I can get back to sleep. Maybe if I
just think of this sort of thing as routine it won't trigger such a
reaction in me.

No comments: