Thought I'd give an update on my status here:
- It seems to be working, in that I'm less depressed and have more energy. Things still can annoy me, but they usually don't send me into a rage or a funk.
- The drug alone doesn't give me a rush anymore, but it increases the effect of caffeine I take via coffee or tea.
- I don't seem to be any more or less diligent in doing work/chores: I'm my usual self. I can get necessary things done, but unstructured, open-ended or unpleasant things are still subject to distraction or procrastination. I probably get a bit more done overall because I'm less anxious about things.
- Alcohol affects me more: I had a few sips of wine at the wedding I officiated at on Sunday and I could feel even that.
- Sleep deprivation: Quinn has been sleeping a bit better (with the help of some Benadryl, which our pediatrician has allowed us to use), but Monday night was bad. I was fine in the wee morning hours and in the morning, but the sleep deprivation hit me very hard in the afternoon. I became cranky and forgetful. It makes me wonder how much of my improvement is from the drug and how much is from better sleep. I think my sensitivity to sleep deprivation has increased. Whether that's from the drug or from being less used to sleep deprivation I don't know. But I think it's the former.
- My performance on the brain games at lumosity.com has gone up considerably, though it was already pretty good. Subjectively, I don't feel any smarter or more cognitively capable.
- I've been on it for 2 weeks now, first 6 days at 25 mg and 50 mg on the following days.